Did somebody invite you? The Annenberg Space For Photography invited me out to a private party the evening before the opening.
What did they want to do? It was actually The Inaugural Exhibit. 8 LA Photographers John Baldessari, Carolyn Cole, Greg Gorman. Lauren Greenfield, Douglas Kirkland, Catherine Opie, Tim Street-Porter, Julius Schulman, Lawrence Ho, Kirk McKoy, Genaro Molina. Greg wanted me there to meet some of the photographers. PHOTOS
2. How did you get to Hollywood? Greg Gorman bought my tickets.
How was your flight? I had a wonderful flight, on Continental Airlines. My last three trips since November have been on Continental Airline and it was a good reason I wanted them. All of my experiences have been terrific.
3. What happened when you arrived in LA? Who picked you up? Where did you go? When I arrived in LA, There was a driver waiting for me. His name is Jerry. Very nice man, who I have met before. Walking through the airport was great. Nothing different for anyone else. I felt like I was at the airport in Houston. From the airport Greg called and told the driver stop and get Reggie something to eat. Later we will have dinner. We went to get food. Bar-b- que at JR’S. I had a bar -b-que pork sandwich. When I arrived at Greg’s home Greg and I talked most of the evening.
4. What did you do once you got to Greg’s house? Jerry took me to Greg’s house
5. What did you do that night? (private party?) Was it fun? Did you meet anyone? At the private party, walked around and met some of the photographers, took pictures with some famous people. I met one of the guys from Crosby Stills and Nash, Graham Nash.
6. What did you do the next day? The next day Scott Dickson came to get me to visit with him.
How was the book signing? It was great. The second night we didn’t have to attend.
Did you meet anyone? Were you comfortable? Oh for sure I felt comfortable. I love this kind of stuff. Although Greg Gorman was protective and watched out for me. I had no worries though. People were very nice.
What did they say? People were very nice. No one made a big deal out of it. Yes, some had questions and I was very happy to share my story.
7. What did you do after the signing? Did Scott have a good time? Scott had a great time. It was good to have someone there like Scott. Because I sometimes have a problem walking, Scott was nice by helping me.
8. What did you do at Scott’s house? Why do you like staying with Scott? Why do you think Scott likes hanging out with you? The reason Scott likes hanging out with me? Because I’m such a wonderful guy. When I went to Scott’s house we watched movies, played on the play station, went a few places to eat. We talked all night. Scott and his family are the nicest people you can ask for in a friend.
9. What else did you do while in Los Angeles? Did you do stuff with Scott? Did you go back to Greg’s? Yes I was back and forth to Greg’ and Scott. It is never enough time to do everything.
10. Why do you like going to LA? People are so accepting in CALIFORNIA.
11. Do you think it is helpful to raising awareness of NF? Oh yes I do. Very helpful. Everyone I met in California have never heard of NF.
12. If you could do anything you wanted in LA, what would it be as it pertains to NF awareness? I would like to do in California what I do here in Houston for awareness. I would also like to meet everyone of my friends from facebook and myspace to live in California.
13. Why do you think Greg likes you so much? Greg has a big heart. He is that kind of person, to except a person for who they are.
14. Why do you think Scott likes you so much? The same reason. Not because of me, but because of who Scott is. Scott and I really connect. Scott listens to what I have to say, I like to hear what he has to say.
15. Anything you’d like to say that wasn’t mentioned before? When ever I get invited someplace. Someone else learns about NF. When I post my trips is to let everyone know that may or may not have nf, that people are more excepting then ever before. If we don’t get out and let people see use, they will never know we are there. You will never experience some of the great things I have experience. I cheated myself. I didn’t give people a chance and I too missed out on meet some wonderful people. I’m talking about wonderful people that you run into everyday. I’m thank for every friend I have here in my everyday like. They don’t have to be famous. Just people in my life that give me so much to be grateful for.. That is how I make it. People that take the time to say hello and just being a friend.